Thursday, June 9, 2011

Belize: Day 1





I made it!!!!!
The ride on the plane was quite an experience! My first flight was almost 3 hours long and they didn't even serve breakfast!!!:-o needless to say I was starving once I got to Dallas!:) the DFW airport was fabulous! I tried a little of everything because there was just TOO many options!!





Once I was on my flight to Belize,I started getting so excited! I met a whole non-denominational youth missions group on my flight & also sat next to a missionary couple! They were fun to talk to & I got to wittness some!

Flying over Belize was so beautiful! I tried to take pictures but my phone was going dead:(

Once I got to Belize, Sis. Haley & Lupita picked me up! We shopped around quite a bit and when we got ready to leave....



Well...heh heh.. I had to get a little comfy!:D




My first great missions experience!!!!!!:) Our ride home was very interesting! They don't have many laws and NO lines on the road!!! :-o kind of reminded me of MX!




Me and Lupita!
We really hit it off! She has such a great testimony and a very sweet personality!




Here is me and Darlina trying out my mosquito net/tent!:D
She is a very smart & funny girl!! (and is sitting right next to me as I write this!! Lol)




They live in a place called "Guinea Grass" and it reminds me so much of a Caribbean/Mexico mix!!:) The music in the stores sounds Jamaican & there are so many palm trees/greenery! I love it!




I am really enjoying my time here so far!! I love the culture & environment! They really have done so much work & sacrifice for the people! I am happy I get to be apart & I can't WAIT till everyone gets here! Hope Camp starts tomorrow!!

Going to Orange walk today!! Later i will try to post more pictures of the scenery around!

Love, Cassia


- Posted from My iPhone

1 comment:

Selena said...

Wow so awesome how u can share it all with us can't wait to see and read more! Praying for ur protection! What an awesome opportunity!! Praise God!