Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Belize: Day 9 & 10

My last couple days in Belize were a little more relaxed in Belize because half of our group had already left. :(


Here is a big HUGE bill at the restaurant where we ate YUMMY civiche!



Look it's a croissant in the shape of a heart! Oh Boy! If you LOVE bread as much as I do, NEVER go to Belize!!!! Lol
Haley Took us to this coffee shop in town a couple of times to get frappés and I never realized they had HOT, FRESH, home-made bread till the last day!! They baked the bread with raisins so it was sweet but there wasn't actually raisins IN it! Yum!!



Just got back from Orange Walk!! BREAD, frappé, and souvenirs in hand...I'm one happy gal!:D










My friend Hillary took these professional pictures during the day in Belizé while we were all hanging out!


Me & Hillary:)


Poor Holly being terrorized by some awful girl...heh heh...muwahaha!


LOS PINNAPOLOS!!!!:-D
Me & Rebecca! Miss my Kindred spirit! Love u!



Everytime I look at this picture it makes my heart ache to be back in Belize helping out or just working with my fellow hopers..



Our last night we were there in Belize the Joiners took is out to a Chinese restaurant. As I was in line one of the guys in our group began to talk to a young man in line. The young man began to really open up & express the desire of "changing" his life. He spoke if putting his past of fighting & gang trouble behind him and starting out clean. Long story short He wanted to pray and as a few of us started to pray with him he began repenting of his sins and asking for forgiveness! All this was still going on in the restaurant & as we became a little loud we asked if he would like to go outside. We all went outside, raised our hands, & started praying again for him! The Holy Ghost fell down right as it started raining!!:) I had to pull one girl out of the rain because she was speaking in tongues & not aware of how drenched she was gettin!:) It was an amazing last experience with my fellow hopers!


The best group of young people you will ever meet:D



Girl pic!



Gloriana & Holly on the way to the airport:(



Tisha & Courtney aka "Arkansas"!



Me & Kandice in line to board our plane...please excuse my disheveled appearance lol It was a rough day:)


Going up, up, and AWAY!!!
We were separated on our flight:( Hence the not-too-happy-picture-face of the gentleman in between!! Haha




Silly Kandice:D


Overhead view of Beauuuutiful Belizé!!!



Sweet moment on the plane:) As we were descending, a couple joined hands because of our rough landing!:):)



CRAZY customs!!!! Going through here was like fighting for your survival! There was definitely no "personal space" here lol..

I was very sad to leave Belize but I made many great memories. This trip impacted my life & I am thankful for all the prayers that were made for my safe return!

I will have a photosharing site with all of these pictures and more at the beginning of August!
Keep Belize & the Joiner family in your prayers! It is a ready harvest!:)

Love, Cassia

- Posted from Cassia Joy's iPhone

No comments: